cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
james170482
Level 1
6 3 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

hp omen battery check

HP Recommended
hp omen 15 5000na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

when doing battery check , battery age says 149 days but i have had this laptop less than 60. have i been sold a refurbished laptop?

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,749 93,406 12,274 26,105
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally, they have to test and charge the batteries (all of them) from the plant.

Hope this makes sense.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
james170482
Author
Level 1
6 3 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for your reply.

yes it makes sense but its just such of a huge difference.

james170482
Author
Level 1
6 3 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

in fact i have had so many problems with this laptop, some times random BSOD with driver power state failure, some times constant every 5-10mins BSOD same error now my battery says plugged in not charging at 67% my laptop is running like its in power saving mode so slow, although when i unplug power adapter it goes back to a normal speed, but it wont take long for that 67% to run out and then what?  restored the PC about 3 times using hp recovery complete factory reset, i've recently had remote assistance with a hp advisor whom said he would send me a new adapter because i have errors saying my adapter is not powerfull enough? although now i need to contact them again due to the not charging issues, i have had this about 60 days and am thinking because the battery says its older that they have sold me a dud, a refurbished laptop. i would like to return for a refund or a brand new machine , not a repair! although its been longer than 21 days its not that i don't like the laptop its not fit for use. i hope they wont hold the 21 day allowance over my head. i have been patiently been working through these issues for most of the time i have had this machine.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation