Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey i just needed to ask u about the resolution of my laptop, i baught this laptop like 3 or 4 months ago and it has a yellowish resolution or u can say half white clr ,when i visited one of my friend and he has hp omen too but the previos model with the touch screen,the resolution of my his laptop is pure white and when i compared my laptop with his laptop there was huge difference between his and mine laptops resolution ! would u please guide me about it ?if i can have that resolution , im curious about it

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings @Anthony121,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting a yellowish tint on your computer. Don't worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Have you installed any tired party applications to reduce the brightness on your computer?

Would it be possible for you to share the product number of your notebook? Click here for assistance. 

Recommend you to boot the computer to BIOS and check. 

To enter BIOS, keep tapping F10 repeatedly on startup.

BIOS screen is independent of the settings or software on your computer.

Please increase the brightness of your computer screen and check. 

If the issue persists in BIOS as well after increasing the brightness. 

Let me know if you see a yellowish tint in BIOS. 

If you do not see a yellowish tint in BIOS, restart the computer. 

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here to know more about HP Support Assistant. 

You can also do a right-click on the taskbar and select task manager. 

In the task manager window, you have a tab for Startup items. 

Please click on it and disable any startup items you do not use. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

I have the same problem with my omen ,  I booted the computer to BIOS and the issue persists in BIOS too 😕

HP Recommended

Hello @ala-l2a,

I understand that you are getting a yellowish tint in BIOS as well. Recommend you increase the brightness and check. If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options. 

Have you installed any additional screen protector or anti-glare screen on your computer?

Was there any induced damage on your computer. 

Keep me posted. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

no i didnt put anything on the screen like any protector etc and there was no damage ! i didnt change the brightness or installed any 3rd party software

HP Recommended

yesterday i just tried to check the brightness in graphics setting but i didnt change it ,and no i didnt instal anyother software to reduce brightness, and i m never going to trust any other 3rd software, the model no is hp omen 15t ax000 !

and yeah in he start up items i disabled every software which i dont use a while ago,

as well as my knowledge is concerned the brightness and contrast is in the default position i didnt change it, and the resolution is yellowish , it should be pure white in the default brightness setting ,i guess i dont need to change the dafault setting ? shoudl i ?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing more information. Have you checked the display in BIOS as suggested?

With the product number shared by you, I am unable to know if your computer came with Intel Graphics or Nvidia Graphics. 

You can update the graphics driver directly on the manufacturer and check if it helps. 

Click here for Intel driver. 

Click here for Nvidia drivers.

Keep me posted. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.