Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Lenovo Yoga
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed my 6970 on the wireless network.  My Laptop is on a wire to our gateway.  I can print from Office 365 to the printer.  I can't scan.  I receive a message "connection required" and that the computer is not listed.  How do I get the printer to computer connection established?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JoeK4, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• If you are able to print from Office 365 app, it means the printer is connected to the PC.
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, or Webpages and check if it prints?

Let us check the connectivity again:

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Use the HP Smart app to scan from your Win PC

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI and thank you.  I am able to print from the office applications, the web and PDFs from PDF Exchange Editor. 

I also have the following matters remaining which relate to my scanner program -

1. PDF XChange Editor- I can't do a document scan with the document feeder.  The sheet is in the correct feed position, but the scanner only runs as a single sheet on plate.   I was able to do it w/ my 4500 series.  

2. Scanning can be effected from the APP, but then saves my files to "documents" on my local machine.  Before this replacement and using PDF Exchange, I could save directly to my ONE Drive folders.  How can I get the scan to go directly from my PC to Office folders of my choice?

HP Recommended

@JoeK4

Did you try using the HP Smart app to scan and check if that works?

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix scanning'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

For duplex scanning, make sure the option is selected on the app you are using to scan. While using the HP Smart app, you may check this feature too.

Alternatively, use the HP Scan Extended app to scan and check if that helps.

Click here to download the app. 

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.