cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
animalhouse7
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

8600 stopped being recognized by phone and computer. test print shows connected to same network

HP Recommended
office jet pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer suddenly stopped being recognized by computer and phone. Test print shows that it is conncected to same wifi network as printer/phone.  Tried all suggestions I found on line, but still will not work. Printer/scanner/fax work fine   This printer is only 2.5 years old and before I go buy a new one i would like to identify problem. Hate to spend the money on a new one only to have the same thing happen.  i have tried the router/computer/printer disconnect and all other obvious issues alreay.  Any help appreciated   THANKS

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,945 2,572
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @animalhouse7,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues printing from your computer and phone.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2sxOrFI

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation