Did you mean: 
peterjj
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

AirPrint not working with HP 5510

HP Recommended
HP 5510

I recently got a Hitron CGNM modem/router. Since I've had it my apple devices can not find my HP 5510 to AirPrint. The printer is connected to the wi-fi and works well printing wirelessly from my PC. It is only the AirPrint that doesn't work. It worked fine with my previous Cisco router. 

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,970 27,814 1,519 1,609
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@peterjj

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Photosmart 5510 printer. I understand that your Mac do not find the printer and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Restart the computer, printer, and router.

Check the network and printer connection status.

Manually connect the printer to your network.

Reset the print system.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

2. Depending on your version of OS X, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

3. Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, then click Reset printing system.

Figure : Resetting the print system

Resetting the print system
  4. Click Reset in the confirmation window.

5. Enter the Administrator name and password, then click OK.

6. Wait for the printing system to reset. When complete, no printers should display in the list.

7. Try installing the HP software again.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP software.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation