Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4630
iOS

I couldn't get printing to work suddenly on any of my devices. This is happened before so I had an idea of what I needed to do. 

On my PC, the HP doctor would not work but I noticed it had two versions of printer drivers probably because during my last help I was directed to use the Microsoft printer driver to fix another issue. So I resolved this by removing both printers and having Microsoft and the HP scan and print app for windows resolve the problem. Now I can print on my windows laptop.

I have also acted the printer to the network multiple times. Turned it off, restarted it. Cleared the print spoiler. I tried to follow instructions on the support site regarding turning on airprint but the IP address in Safari on the mobile device but those instructions are incorrect. I don't see any airprint option.

My iPhone and iPad see the printer and it goes to print but the printer and they iOS devices are not speaking to each other. They are both on the same network, however, interestingly, even though the iOS devices recognize the printer on 5 GHz WiFi, the printer only recognizes the 2.5 GHz network. If I switch the phones to 2.5 it won't see the printer. This is how I've always done it though and had no problems (other than the fix is I've had to do several times a year which are more than annoying guys!). 

Appreciate the assistance. I was swearing my head off yesterday trying to fix printing because I was needing to print out my Christmas letter! At least I could finally do that on my PC even though I created it on my iPad (thanks to Microsoft Office 365). 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kairaca

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try steps 2 and 3: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06182360

And ensure mobile data is off while printing from iOS devices.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.