Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Printer Skill for Alexa

Until just recently I was able to ask my Alexa device to "ask my printer to print my shopping list," and my list would print. Now when I try I get, "I'm sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your HP Printer skill right now." However, it doesn't matter what I attempt to print - even asking for a help page - Alexa can't access the HP Printer skill. I've called Amazon and we spent quite a bit of time disabling and re-enabling and re-linking the device and printer account, rebooting all the Alexa devices, etc. Nothing works. Amazon confirmed that everything is working correctly according to their end. Amazon suggested I contact HP support and generate a support ticket to try to resolve the problem, but guess what... since my printer is no longer in warranty there is no option to generate a support ticket to resolve the issue. All I get is the Virtual Agent (totally worthless), and here in the Support Community. I see where someone was able to get a resolution to their similar problem so I'm hoping that someone from HP Support sees this and can get in contact with me with a solution.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I was having the same trouble setting Alexa up to work with my 8710 printer.  After what seemed like 1000 tries, I finally ALMOST gave up; so I decided to disable my HP ePrinter app.  I disabled it and, for some reason, Alexa responded and printed for me!  I told you it was weird.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I wish that were the problem. I don't have the ePrinter app even installed and my 8710 worked flawlessly with Alexa up until just last week. I have no other ideas on how to get it working again. And the problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the printer itself as Alexa tells me it's having a problem accessing the skill, not the printer. Of course, until Alexa can talk to the skill itself, it doesn't really matter what type of printer is being used. Amazon seems to be at a loss as they're telling me it's HP's skill that has the problem.

I really wish I could get Amazon to work out the issue with HP instead of dropping the burden on me. I can't use Amazon's devices as I wish. That should be their problem to address with the skill maker they are working with, not mine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.