Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example:HP Color Laserjet Pro M254dw
Other

I am trying to set up Alexa to allow me to print to my HP network printer.  I have downloaded and installed the skill and Alexa recognizes the printer, but says it is offline when it is not.  I have no idea how to solve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Choclit

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Choclit

Welcome to HP Support community.

Enable the HP Printer skill from your mobile device or computer.

1. Open Alexa Skills.

• Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire devices: On the Amazon Alexa app home screen, tap the Menu icon , and then tap Skills & Games.

• Computers: On the Amazon home screen, open the drop-down menu next to the search bar, select Alexa Skills, and then press Enter.

Selecting Alexa Skills

2. Search for HP, and then click HP Printer from the skills list.

3. Click Enable to Use.

Clicking Enable to Use

4. On the Skills Permissions screen, click Save Permissions to allow the HP Printer access to your Alexa lists.

Saving permissions for the HP Printer skill

5. Select the I agree with check box, and then click HP Account.

Selecting the I agree with check box, and then connecting with your HP account

6. Follow the prompts to sign in with your HP account credentials.

7. Select the printer you want to use, and then click Connect.

Your printer is now ready to print with the Amazon Alexa device.

Selecting a printer, and then clicking Connect

You can refer this HP document for ore assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

didnt work for me and my HP ENVY55465. This is very frustrating.

HP Recommended

Hi @KeithS7

Are you getting any error message? 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

o message. Alexa tells me  HP printer enabled then says the printer is not connected to the network when it clearly is.

HP Recommended

@Choclit

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Updating the firmware did the trick - thanks!

HP Recommended

@Choclit

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.