Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5055 Printer

I recently moved and when I tried to plug in my printer and print from my laptop (like I always have) the laptop said the printer wasn’t findable. So I looked at my printer settings and saw Bluetooth was off and tried to turn it on. It’s been on the loading screen ever since, it won’t turn on Bluetooth and I have to unplug it to get it to stop trying.

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

@Lmstrohm418, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You cannot use Bluetooth on this model printer to connect it to your computer. Bluetooth smart is used by the HP Smart app to initiate the connection between the printer and the computer.

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your Win PC

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This doesn’t work!  I have a HP Envy Photo 7855 and the same thing is happening.  I have had the printer for about 7 weeks and when we hooked it up it worked just fine via Bluetooth but now we get the blue circle of death.

HP Recommended

@Currentking

Welcome to the HP support community.

What error message are you getting?

Meanwhile- 

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am also facing the same problem. The solution is not working. Also I am not able to scan using email- I am getting following error -

the printer could not connect to web services. The server must be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later

HP Recommended

@Debojyotiroy

Welcome to the HP support community.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am facing issues with my printer HP Envy photo 7800 series/k7s08A. Bluetooth smart not turning on

HP Recommended

@Debojyotiroy

Is the printer not connected to the wireless network?

Web services are down as of now and we are working on it. Scan to email needs web services to be active. Kindly wait and try again later.

Have you tried printing wirelessly to the printer?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same here. Just bought the HP Envy 7830. I did a firmware update, and turned on the security. Somehow I couldn't login so I performed a factory reset. I wanted to configure the printer again with my smartphone but I couldn't turn on Smart Bluetooth anymore. Infinite loading screen. I know I can restart the printer so the loading screen goes away, but why is it not possible anymore to turn it on?

HP Recommended

@MarcoNLD, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you trying to connect the printer wirelessly to your smartphone?

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

Make sure the phone is also connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5Ghz network.

Use the HP Smart app to print from your Phone. Refer to this document to know how.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.