Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought a HP Envy 4520 All in One printer in US last year. Currently I am in India. I am unable to find a working cartridge for it. I checked with a HP store and a general cartridge store. They say all these printers bought in US will not work in India. Is that true? If not, can you please suggest me a cartridge number to buy?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the response. Now I know it can be used outside of the country.

But I don't get to know the cartridge number that works with this model.

Do you know that?

HP Recommended

Please double check before purchase:

https://www.hpshopping.in/hp-680-2-pack-black-tri-color-original-ink-advantage-cartridges-x4e78aa.ht...

HP 680 2 pack Ink Cartridges, black and tri-color
Hardware compatibility:
HP DeskJet 1110, HP DeskJet 1115, HP DeskJet 2130, HP DeskJet 2135, HP DeskJet 3630, HP ENVY 4520, HP OfficeJet 3830, HP OfficeJet 4650

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks again. I tried this 680 few weeks back via Amazon and it didn't work. So I returned it. Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Your printer is for US region when you moved to India you need to get ink cartridges for the India market and contact local HP support they can make your printer accept ink cartridges.
If you have just bought and install them they will not work, HP will do the magic.

Step 3: Contact HP support
Once you have a full set of genuine HP ink cartridges for your new country/region, HP support can reset your printer so it accepts the ink cartridges available in your current country/region. On this page, click Contact Support, and then follow the on-screen prompts to contact HP.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Did you try reconfiguring the printer with support and converting to Indian region?

and then use hp 680?

did that work ?

HP Recommended

Yes, with the help of HP support, I made the regionalization reset for HP Envy 4520 bought in US to work in India. But 680 didn't work, later they confirmed me to use 803 and it worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.