cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jalexandar
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Bought Envy 4520 in US. Unable to find cartridge for it in India.

HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought a HP Envy 4520 All in One printer in US last year. Currently I am in India. I am unable to find a working cartridge for it. I checked with a HP store and a general cartridge store. They say all these printers bought in US will not work in India. Is that true? If not, can you please suggest me a cartridge number to buy?

7 REPLIES 7
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,986 5,970 709 997
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
jalexandar
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the response. Now I know it can be used outside of the country.

But I don't get to know the cartridge number that works with this model.

Do you know that?

0 Kudos
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,986 5,970 709 997
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please double check before purchase:

https://www.hpshopping.in/hp-680-2-pack-black-tri-color-original-ink-advantage-cartridges-x4e78aa.ht...

HP 680 2 pack Ink Cartridges, black and tri-color
Hardware compatibility:
HP DeskJet 1110, HP DeskJet 1115, HP DeskJet 2130, HP DeskJet 2135, HP DeskJet 3630, HP ENVY 4520, HP OfficeJet 3830, HP OfficeJet 4650

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
jalexandar
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks again. I tried this 680 few weeks back via Amazon and it didn't work. So I returned it. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,986 5,970 709 997
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your printer is for US region when you moved to India you need to get ink cartridges for the India market and contact local HP support they can make your printer accept ink cartridges.
If you have just bought and install them they will not work, HP will do the magic.

Step 3: Contact HP support
Once you have a full set of genuine HP ink cartridges for your new country/region, HP support can reset your printer so it accepts the ink cartridges available in your current country/region. On this page, click Contact Support, and then follow the on-screen prompts to contact HP.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
GD09
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you try reconfiguring the printer with support and converting to Indian region?

and then use hp 680?

did that work ?

0 Kudos
jalexandar
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, with the help of HP support, I made the regionalization reset for HP Envy 4520 bought in US to work in India. But 680 didn't work, later they confirmed me to use 803 and it worked.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation