Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2600 All-in-one printer
Android 9.0 Pie

* Product:

Deskjet 2600 All-in-One Printer

* Software: HP Smart app (Android)

* PROBLEM/ISSUE:

I'm trying to change the Print Settings within the hp Smart App for Android. This app is terrible & completely User-Unfriendly!!

I want to print a lengthy email (**bleep** acct) in Landscape Orientation with Layout of 2 pages per sheet of paper. Could somebody PLEASE Walk Me Through the Steps Necessaey to Accomplish This?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Fl_HuskyLvr, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

Use the HP Smart app

Print, scan, and copy by clicking the HP Smart app home screen tiles. You can also check printer status, troubleshoot issues, order supplies, and set printer preferences.

HP Smart home screen

• To print, select a print job type from the home screen, select the item to print, use the photo editing tools if necessary, and then change any print job settings.

• To scan, choose to scan from the printer scanner glass or document feeder, import a photo, or use the computer or mobile device camera to capture a photo or document. Use the editing tools if necessary, and then print, save, or share the scanned item.

• To copy (Android, iOS only), open the Copy tile, use the camera to capture a document or photo, select the size and number of copies, and then print the item in color or black and white.

• To manage the printer, click the picture of your printer on the home screen to change preferences and options, check the printer status, and more.

• To add or remove home screen tiles, select Personalize Tiles at the bottom of the screen (Android, iOS) or in the App Settings (Windows, Mac).

• To learn about other app features, go to the following documents:

Alternatively, you can use the HP Print Service Plugin. Refer to the document HP printer setup (Android) for help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've already read all of HP's how-to documentation regarding their Smart app. And, I can see the basic functions within the Smart app but none of those address my issue.

As for the Scan & Email feature, that Does Not Work via the Android app. I've tried to use it 3  times in the past & encountered errors every single time. I ended up taking my documents to Office Depot & paid to scan & email each one of them. 

HP Recommended

@Fl_HuskyLvr

I'd further suggest you uninstall the HP Smart App and clear the cache.

Now, reinstall the app from the google play store and configure the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I'll try that & get back to you. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Fl_HuskyLvr

Sure, keep me posted.

Thanks!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.