Riv78
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Can not connect printer to network

HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2630

We have turned on the printer and installed the HP smart app. When we attempt to connect the printer to our network we go into settings on our phone and under WiFi we cannot see the network HP setup... as we are advised we should see? I can see HP Printer network but this requires a password which we do not have. Could you please assist in helping us connect our printer. In addition our wireless button on the printer when pressed only flashes 5 times and then goes off.

7 REPLIES 7
Riv78
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thankyou for responding, Can I please ask if there is a uk phone number also to call?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Arthur-c
Retired
Retired
1,330 1,319 54 97
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please be advised:

Do not accept the number of any service claimed to be provided by HP. If you are being contacted by an HP employee, you will know by the orange indicator next to the name stating their role on this platform. 

Any other user providing service numbers are likely spammer. 

Please make sure to read carefully all of the steps necessary to keep your private information safe on this public platform. 

Regards,

Arthur-c

0 Kudos
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,542 14,524 756 603
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Riv78

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try 12345678 as the password. If this doesn't work, reset the network settings on the Printer: Press and hold the Wireless button ( ) and the Cancel button ( ) from the printer control panel together for three seconds.

Once done, connect the Printer back to the network. 

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Riv78
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the feedback provided, the instruction manual states when searching for networks we should be seeing “HP Setup.. however this isn’t appearing and our printers wireless button will only flash 5 times and then go off once pressed. Is this normal? When we turn the printer on and search there is a different HP network so are you saying we should select this and input the pw...

0 Kudos
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,542 14,524 756 603
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you try the steps mentioned? What is the network name do you see?

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Riv78
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, we have now been able to connect to our printer. Thankyou for your help

0 Kudos
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,542 14,524 756 603
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation