Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 6055
iOS

I am attempting to log in to HP Smart app to access smart tasks like scanning to email.  I AM able to log in to the same from a browser (Chrome) Window.  I am using the most updated version of the app.  I have updated iOS.  When I go to sign into my HP account (which I had to create on a laptop because of this issue) I am able to enter my email, but then the "next" button isn't clickable so I cannot get the next screen to enter my password. When refreshed, I get a message that says:  “An error occurred. The connection timed out due to inactivity or the server is unable to respond. Network connection issue."

I have tried while on my data plan and while on my WiFi network.  No other apps on my phone are having any connectivity challenges.  

I need to use the scanning feature for work ASAP and cannot find a workaround except using the app...which has never allowed me to log in since I purchased in November. I've deleted and reinstalled as well.  Please help!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kateym, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Going through your post I see that you're unable to use the HP Smart App on your iOS device, I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Further, if you have mobile data enabled on your iOS device, disable it and try signing in.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nope, doesn't work. I put it on airplane mode with wifi, then turned off/restarted my iphone. Tried again while on airplane mode with wifi and still unable to move past the first screen to login on the iOS app. I can type my email but page does not allow me to hit next to enter password. 

HP Recommended

@kateym

Thanks for replying!

This requires remote assistance. Please reach out to HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.