Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8540W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a DeskJet 3750 printer.  it is connected wirelessly to my home network and the Internet and I can print wirelessly from my ProBook 430 work laptop, iPhone and iPad, but my EliteBook 8540 doesn't even recognise the printer.  I've used HP Smart etc, but no joy.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Clueless19, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you're facing connectivity issues with one of your PCs, ensure both the devices are connected to the same network. 

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues. 

For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor

Also, add the printer using TCP/IP-

1.  Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box. 

2.  Choose “Printers & scanners“. 

3.   elect “Add a printer or scanner“. 

4.  Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it. 

5.   Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“. 

6.   select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list. 

7.  Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.  

8.  Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ1602,

Thanks for your reply.  Since posting my message I found the cause of my problem.   A setting in my Surfshark VPN App, which wasn't actually running, was "hiding" my laptop from other devices connected to my home network.  I changed the setting, which enabled me to complete the setting-up of my new printer, so all is now good!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.