Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4520
iOS

Hi please help 

I’ve just bought this printer & just trying to set it up. Don’t know what I have done but it is now asking for the printers password. Which I don’t have! 

What am am I doing wrong!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SIM101

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand you need support and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

The wireless light on the printer, is it steady or is it blinking?

Is the printer and iOS device connected to your home WiFi?

Do you have HP Smart App installed on your iOS device?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SIM101

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand you need support and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

The wireless light on the printer, is it steady or is it blinking?

Is the printer and iOS device connected to your home WiFi?

Do you have HP Smart App installed on your iOS device?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the advice 

I played around with the settings on the printer & managed to get the password. It’s all good now. 

The ONLY disappointing thing is that my printer is already telling me the ink is low! I’ve had it nearly a couple days & haven’t printed off loads!! Is this a cheap product why is the ink not lasting!!!

HP Recommended

@SIM101

You are welcome! 

Glad to hear that you were able to locate the WiFi direct password and successfully connect the printer.

The ink cartridge page yield typically depends upon the print settings and the document/photo that you print. If the print quality settings is set to best quality or if you are printing photos/documents with pictures then the printer would consume more ink . The document available here, explains how HP measures inkjet page yields

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The WiFi light is blinking on my printer and I need to connect to WiFi, any advice 

HP Recommended

@Gavin1966, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you using a HP Envy 4520 printer?

The blinking wifi light indicates that the printer is not connected to a network. It turns steady blue once the printer is on a wireless network.

To connect the printer to a wireless network, let us follow these steps:

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard > Choose your network

Alternatively, you may also follow the steps mentioned in this document to connect the printer wirelessly via WPS

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.