Level 3
48 20 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Can't find product no. or WPS PIN

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 200 Mobile Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has gone bellyup (and it's only a little more than 3 months old.)  I never added it to 'My Dashboard.'  I want to contact HP, but when I enter its serial number, I get "We were unable to validate the serial number and add this product to your profile. Please visit your dashboard to add the product at another time," and other times, "More than one result is associated with the serial number entered: "[edited]."  I thought serial numbers were unique.

On some screens, it asks me for the serial number, then the product number.  There isn't one on the label in the battery compartment.  It has the serial number, and FPU number (whatever that is), and an unidentified number below the bar code.   I've tried them both and nothing works, and I can't contact HP.  Can anyone help?

And I tried adding the printer on the network, but I am prompted for the  WPS PIN, and I can't find that, either.  Any  ideas?

Does HP Support have a general email address I can use to contact them?

4 REPLIES 4
kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 972
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ErnieLane

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ErnieLane
Author
Level 3
48 20 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They haven't contacted me yet.  When will they do so?  FYI, my printer is working now, but I want the Product Number for the future.

0 Kudos
FOXHOLE7777
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DOUBT YOU WILL EVER GET A REPLY, I HAVE NOT.

0 Kudos
Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,348 250 491
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FOXHOLE7777

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation