Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6960
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have a message on my screen, 'Important Message at HP Instant Ink' that continues, 'There is an important message about your HP Instant Ink account for you online at: HP Instant Ink.'

When I click on the link, I can only get through to the Instant Ink sign-up page (https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en?jumpID=va_nxc3gze76w), and not to my account page. What is the link I need to open up the account sign-in page? I obviously need to see this message, but if your links go astray, how am I supposed to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Right, I'm sorted out now. Lesson: Go for a human being, talking to you live. I called the Instant Ink helpline and two very nice ladies there talked me through what I needed to do. It turned out the printer was not showing up as online, although it was working as a device. There was a problem with the system at HP not recognising the printer's HP eprint email address. We deleted the 'registered printer', got a new hpeprint.com email address and claim number, signed out of the system and back in again, then added it as a 'new' printer. That restored it to online status and allowed me to access my Instant Ink account.

Beware, though! In the period when I couldn't contact the account pages, it has recorded a number of printed pages far higher than Ihave actually used. The nice ladies can't explain it, but I know for certain that I have NOT used over 300 pages in 10 days. Maybe 100-150, give or take a few, but nowhere near 300.

What I have got out of this saga is a credit of extra pages, an upgraded account (to 'Heavy printing' -- 500/month, a package only available from their end, not visible on our end of things unless they make it available for us), and an extra month's free printing up to the monthly amount. We'll see how we go from here, but I have a feeling relationships are going to be tense to start with ...

The help people are very nice, but I question the robustness of their system if it's producing this kind of anomaly. Time will tell, but I'm reserving judgement until I see how things go from here on. I draw a line here, and we start over again.

I don't suggest you 'watch this space', but I shall, and monitor it very carefully.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@MoreTea,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues related to HP Instant Ink account. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you trying to setup Instant Ink account?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

In this scenario, I would suggest you login to your HP Instant ink account using this link and then click on the notification button on the top right and this will let you know what exactly is the message. 

Click here for the link.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, I already signed up- why else would I be getting that message?

My problem is that I keep getting sent back to the sign-up page, not the sign-in page. All the info on the page I get sent through to (including with the link you gave me) is about the advantages of Instant Ink, the process of signing up and FAQs for those who haven't yet signed up. There is no 'Sign-in' link that I can see anywhere on the page, only invitations to sign up.

I have tried navigating to Instant Ink through the main HP site, clicking on all the links to get through, but even then I get to a slightly different version of the 'Sign-up' page.

When I signed up I had access to my account info, but after I logged out I couldn't get back in. Please tell me how I can get back into my account by signing in with the details I have saved on my computer.

HP Recommended

@MoreTea,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you seems to have an issues with your HP Instant Ink account. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

I need to know few details regarding your Instant ink account to help you resolve this issue.

Have you checked if the printer is online and if it's enrolled?

If the printer is online and if it's enrolled, then I would suggest here is to update the printer.

In order to update the printer, On the printer control panel - Setup - Printer Maintenance - Update the printer.

Once done, restart the printer and then check.

In the meantime, Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, we're conversing by PM, but it's very slow. Now I'm getting the message from my printer:

• There is a problem with your account.
  • Please visit HP Instant Ink online for information.
  • If the problem is not resolved, you will be unable to print with HP Instant Ink cartridges soon.

Yesterday morning I did a print run ofabout 40 pages of black and white, not very dense. By about page 20-25 the ink was running out (starter pack obviously has only a little in it).

I looked up my email telling me when the new ink pack was ordered and the UK's Royal Mail tracking service couldn't use the tracking number on my email.

When I rang the UK Instant Ink centre this morning I asked what the advice was to be able to print, as I had important stuff I need to print. The person I spoke to said I should buy a cartridge from a local shop.

I tried one from my nearest place, but it was not recognised by the machine, which refused to print with it (not surprising, as they only sold a 'compatible', not original HP, though they had advised me it should work). So I went further to get the genuine article, which I installed and it worked fine, though it said it was not an Instant Ink cartridge.

Now I'm getting the "There is a problem with your account" message, but I can't log in to my Instant Ink account to address it, because every time I follow a link supposed to lead me to my Instant Ink account it takes me to the page where I'm supposed to sign up for Instant Ink, not log in to my (already existing) account. What am I supposed to do???

PLEASE HELP ME!

HP Recommended

Right, I'm sorted out now. Lesson: Go for a human being, talking to you live. I called the Instant Ink helpline and two very nice ladies there talked me through what I needed to do. It turned out the printer was not showing up as online, although it was working as a device. There was a problem with the system at HP not recognising the printer's HP eprint email address. We deleted the 'registered printer', got a new hpeprint.com email address and claim number, signed out of the system and back in again, then added it as a 'new' printer. That restored it to online status and allowed me to access my Instant Ink account.

Beware, though! In the period when I couldn't contact the account pages, it has recorded a number of printed pages far higher than Ihave actually used. The nice ladies can't explain it, but I know for certain that I have NOT used over 300 pages in 10 days. Maybe 100-150, give or take a few, but nowhere near 300.

What I have got out of this saga is a credit of extra pages, an upgraded account (to 'Heavy printing' -- 500/month, a package only available from their end, not visible on our end of things unless they make it available for us), and an extra month's free printing up to the monthly amount. We'll see how we go from here, but I have a feeling relationships are going to be tense to start with ...

The help people are very nice, but I question the robustness of their system if it's producing this kind of anomaly. Time will tell, but I'm reserving judgement until I see how things go from here on. I draw a line here, and we start over again.

I don't suggest you 'watch this space', but I shall, and monitor it very carefully.

HP Recommended

@MoreTea,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How can I get help with this. It keeps saying I need to go online so hp instaprint can update. My printer is online Each time I go to login to the link to my account, I get brought to the web page to create a new account. This is very frustrating to say the least! Please advise....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.