Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

a nice workaround ?? having to change your default browser with your phone??

If we had to do it once, just to auth first time, and then being able to switch back to chrome, that could be acceptable, but we have to re login time to time. You can't force users to use some specific browsers!

Chrome is #1, others are way behind.

and It's NOT a chrome issue, it is an issue between your integration and chrome, so please ask your dev team to fix this.

It does not make sense for your app to loose compatibility with such a popular browser.

ask them to use an integrated browser if they fail to fix this...

I'm going to give back this HP printer to my shop and buy from another manufacturer. 

thanks   

HP Recommended

Hi @webrod 

HP has informed  Chrome of the issue.

Should be fixed soon,.  Other browsers have no issue.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I had the same issue on my Android phone, which seemed to be a recent development as it worked fine the last time I tried it. HP support was unable to resolve the issue. Then I saw something about Firefox being the preferred browser. So, I installed Firefox, reinstalled the HP Smart app, set Firefox as the default browser, and it works.

HP Recommended

I was experiencing this as well. However, I realized I was using mobile data. After switching to wifi and making sure I was on the same wifi my printer was connected to, I was able to login without issue. Not sure what that has to do with logging in, but it worked and has not had any issues since.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.