Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help. I'm really frustrated.

I've got my envy 4500 printer secondhand. I tried to login into the hp smart account to change some settings but I JUST CAN'T LOGIN. I've tried a semi full reset. All the standart passwords etc. Nothing works and I really need to scan some documents.

What can I do? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@angie_99 Did you create this account? or was it given to you by the person you bought it from, if you didn't create it, here's what you need to know:

Set up an HP Smart (formerly HP Connected) account to access additional web printing services and settings for your printer, such as HP ePrint and HP Instant Ink. An HP account is not required to use the basic functions of your printer, such as setting up, scanning, or printing.

NOTE: 

The HP Smart website availability depends on your country/region. To see if the website is available for your country/region, go to HP Smart, and then select the country/region and language menu.

If you registered with the HP Smart website during printer setup, your printer might already be added. Go to HP Smart, and then sign in to your account.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

This account was setup by me. I've already tried the steps you suggested but I still have the problem. Whenever I try to scan, I have to change the settings for scanning and for that I need the login data. I've tried standart password etc but nothing works... 

HP Recommended

@angie_99 Here's a few other things you can try:

1. Sign in to HP Smart.

2. Click the Account icon  at the top of the webpage.

3. Select Settings to open the account information.

4. Locate the setting you want to update, and then select the Edit icon  next to the setting.

Clicking the Edit icon

5. Update the information, and then click Save.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Review these frequently asked questions.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.