Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP office jet pro 6978 and Samsung Galaxy s7 phone

Been printing via wifi successfully for 2 yrs. A week ago, tried to print a blog recipe and goes fine through all the print process until it get to print preview.  Hangs up on Preparing Preview and will not print. Have tried: unplug printer,  reboot phone, printer has paper, uninstalled HP apps and Cloud Print, and wifi addresses are the same on phone and printer. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KimberleyMM, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Let us try to resolve the issue one step at a time. Follow the steps below-

Check for any updates on your android device. Also, update the printer firmware. Download available firmware updates from the HP website. With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Refer to the document HP Printers - Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets for help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please update to the latest Chrome version 78.0.3904.90.  This version should address the printing issue that you are experiencing.

There are further information at this URL from Google respectively on this topic:

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/17622103?hl=en

If you read the above URL at the support google site, it will mention the issues others are experiencing similar to yours to update the Chrome version which fixes this problem.

I am an HP employee. Although I work for HP. I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

THANK YOU northwesterner.  Worked perfectly and solved a really annoying issue! Really appreciate your prompt and correct fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.