Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We are getting spam to our printer's email address, which means that at least once a day our printer prints 3 pages of links. We would like to block this address.

So, I have gone into HP Smart.com and have attempted to add this address to my Blocked email list (which is currently empty). I get a message that this email address is not valid, and thus, cannot be added to my blocked email addresses.

Fine. I then tried to add the email addresses of the household to the Allowed email list (also, currently empty). No matter what address I put in here, it is also invalid, and thus cannot be added to my allowed email addresses. All of these email addresses are valid ones. Something certainly seems to be broken.

What should I do now?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @furly77

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Unwanted advertisements or print jobs print from your printer using unnecessary ink and paper. This can occur when your HP ePrint email address is available to anyone, your Wi-Fi network is not secure, or the security feature on Wi-Fi Direct is turned off.

Kindly refer to this document to resolve this issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I keep getting an error that the email addresses I am adding are not valid.  They are correct and valid, but for some reason it will not allow me to add them.  

I have tried the suggestions in the link and have not had any luck with fixing the problem.  

My printer :  HP Deskjet 3752

HP Recommended

@dlaratonae

If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for further assistance:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm also having this issue, but on top of it not allowing me to add emails, now when i navigate to the page to add emails i get the message in the attached screenshot

.Untitled.jpg

HP Recommended

@sketnav1

Welcome to HP support community.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.