Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've inherited an Envy 5020 printer. I've managed to set it up, get it on the network and want to add it to my existing HP Smart account.

However, when I try and add the printer using the printed code I keep getting 'invalid claim code'. I have turned off web services and turned them back on again as previous support tickets have suggested but it doesn't fix the problem. I've done this multiple times and each time it generates a different claim code - none of which appear to work.

The printer is attached to the internet and it has an email address attached to it - so i can email the printer okay and it prints. But I want to change the email address for the printer but cannot do that unless I can add it to my Smart account.

Help!

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cjpants, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I see that when you try to add a printer to your HP Smart account, you see Invalid Code error.

Use these steps to resolve the issue.

1. Wait 5 to 10 minutes, and then type the printer code again. Occasionally there is a delay in the activation process.

2. Type the printer code exactly as it displays on the info page, without any additional characters or dashes.

3. Turn Web Services off then on to print a new info page with a new code.

If the previous steps did not work, go to contact HP Support for assistance. For more info on this issue, refer to - Set Up an HP Smart Website Account

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar. Thanks for this.

This is a post I know you've posted for a number of people but I am still unable to get this to work. I've waited for almost an hour and the code is still not recognised. The code for the printer is also broken down into 4 groups of 4 and I've tried them with spaces, without spaces to no avail.

HP Recommended

@cjpants

If it is still not working, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for a one on one interaction session to solve this issue as mentioned in my previous post.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.