Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Whenever I try to print envelopes, printer displays message saying paper in tray does not match paper selected. Paper selection is for #10 envleopes, which is what is in the printer tray

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BJCspartans
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Does it while printing regular paper?
  • Cold you please share the picture of the print settings?

While you respond to that, let's try this workaround: (Dragon-Fur)
Change the paper in the tray, you need to tell the printer about the new paper type/size.

User Guide

Page 22-23 

Check / Adjust / Retain the Paper at the Printer Panel

• Open Printer Tray,
  • If you have not yet done so, add the desired paper type
  • Close Tray
  • IF applicable for your printer:
  • On the printer control panel, Click Modify (wording varies), set the paper size and type, Click OK

NOTE: If the size of the Paper Size is not in the Drop-down list, Select Custom

Set the Preferences - Windows

Make sure you have selected the Media (kind of paper), source (tray), and paper size in your printer settings.

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers Right-Click on your printer > Printing Preferences >

Tab Printing Shortcuts > Click / Highlight preferred shortcut > Click Apply > Click OK to exit

If the printer software supports the feature, change the settings as desired, then use “Save as” to create a Custom Shortcut.

OR

Windows key + S (search for) Printers and Scanners

Left-Click on (your) Printer > Manage >

Printing Preferences

Select a shortcut and / or set “preferred settings” for paper, source (tray), other settings

Optional (if / as available): Save As > enter a name for your custom shortcut

Click OK to save the preferences

Next, create and print the envelope.

Example

Rabbits_and_Chickens_Test_Envelope_10_1.jpgRabbits_and_Chickens_Test_Envelope_10_1

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms or "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Additional "How-to" procedures

Search for additional solutions...

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

• NOTE: Content depends on device type

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.