Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, as of yesterday, I am no longer able to print documents from the internet using WIFI to my HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 [D30326} Printer using my Dell Laptop. I have tried to print using various browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox, none of which work.  When I try to print from these browsers, the print window opens, I hit the print button,  and then the browser suddenly closes/crashes.   I can print documents that are on my hard drive through excel, word, programs, etc. using WIFI.  To try to fix this, I have removed and reinstalled the HP printer software on my laptop twice and have restarted my laptop numerous times. I have powered off and on the printer. I have also installed new print drivers as suggested on one of the websites.   None of this has worked.  Do you have any suggestions.  Help. Thank you. Lorraine
Information about Laptop and Printer:
Dell Laptop
64 bit operating system
Windows 10 Home
Windows Version 1903
Installed 7/20/2019
Browsers used: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox
Printer HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 [D30326}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
From the Start menu click the Gear icon and then on Update & Security.
Click Check for Update Now and install any available updates, then restart your computer and check for updates once again.

Microsoft has released an update to resolve this, installing any latest updates should resolve a such,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,
From the Start menu click the Gear icon and then on Update & Security.
Click Check for Update Now and install any available updates, then restart your computer and check for updates once again.

Microsoft has released an update to resolve this, installing any latest updates should resolve a such,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.