Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500 series
Chrome OS

For past few days my chromebook will not send print request to my HP Envy 4500 series.  I have been using this chromebook with this printer for 2+ yrs with no problem.

I checked 'print jobs' in Google Cloud Print and there is an error message that says "Could not deliver print job to printer"

I have checked the printer carefully and it checks out OK, full connection to the internet ect.  I have even printed an information sheet from the cloud directly from the printer.  Somehow it appears the connection from my chromebook is faulty.  I have checked HP Help but the info there deals with Window OS rather than Chrome OS so it's not helpful.

Recently my Chromebook updated to Version 64.0.3282.167 and I'm wondering if that may be the problem.  

I'm not a computer wizzard by any means so any help you may provide this Sr. Citizen will be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Brad391

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer does not print from your Chromebook. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

During my research, I came across the following steps that should help in resolving this case:

A print job might not print for various reasons, such as an unregistered printer, outdated firmware, or a connection issue.

Step 1: Make sure the printer is registered with Google Cloud Print

To print from the cloud, your printer must be registered with Google Cloud Print.

1. On the Chromebook, open the Chrome browser.

2. Go to Google Cloud Print Printers (in English).

A list of your Google Cloud Print printers displays.

• If your printer displays, try to print.

• If your HP ePrint printer does not display, note your printer's email address, go to Connect Your HP Printer with Google Cloud Print (in English), and then follow the on-screen instructions. Once you complete the registration, try to print.

• If your non-HP ePrint printer does not display, download the Google Cloud Print Service, and then follow the on-screen instructions. Once you complete the registration, try to print.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Select your Google Cloud Print registered printer

To print from Google Cloud Print, make sure to select the printer you registered with Google Cloud Print.

1. On the Chromebook, open the document or image you want to print.

2. Click the Print icon .

The Google Cloud Print window opens.

3. Under Destination, click the Change button.

The Select a destination window opens.

4. Under Google Cloud Print, select your printer.

Try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Update the printer firmware

If your printer is already connected to a network and you registered your printer with Google Cloud Print, the printer firmware might be outdated. Go to Updating Firmware on the Printer for more information.

• If the firmware is outdated, follow the instructions to update the firmware, and then try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

• If the firmware is up-to-date, continue to the next step.

Step 4: Check the connection between your printer and your network

Try these recommendations and procedures to help troubleshoot and avoid wireless connectivity issues.

• Restart the printer and the computer: Restarting the computer and the printer can clear possible error conditions.

• Confirm the printer connection and network name: On the printer, make sure that the blue light next to the Wireless icon () is on and steady, then touch the Wireless network menu to make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.

• Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and the computer closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.

• Manually connect the printer to the network: Many HP printers have a wireless setup wizard tool available on the printer control panel network or wireless settings menus. Follow the on-screen instructions to type your network name and password to connect the printer to the network.

• Restart the router: If you are experiencing a slow or intermittent wireless connection, try restarting your router. Consult your router manufacturer, Internet service provider, or network administrator for instructions on how to restart the router.

• Check the router band setting: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.

• Check your firewall software: Your firewall software might prevent the printer from accessing the computer. Accept or allow any firewall messages that display during the printer software download and installation, or configure the software to allow HP downloads and installations.

• Check for obstructions between the printer and the router: Remove any metal objects between the printer, the computer, and the access point (router). Objects such as refrigerators or metal bookcases can interfere with wireless signals.

• Check for other devices that emit radio and wireless signals: Move any devices that emit radio signals, such as microwaves and cordless telephones, farther away from the printer. They can interfere with wireless signals.

• Set the IP address on the printer: Your printer can bypass automatic IP address assignment by DHCP and use any valid IP address you choose. Use the front panel menu to type an IP address that is valid for use on your local area network.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to keep me posted. I'll be glad to assist you further.

Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Brad391

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer does not print from your Chromebook. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

During my research, I came across the following steps that should help in resolving this case:

A print job might not print for various reasons, such as an unregistered printer, outdated firmware, or a connection issue.

Step 1: Make sure the printer is registered with Google Cloud Print

To print from the cloud, your printer must be registered with Google Cloud Print.

1. On the Chromebook, open the Chrome browser.

2. Go to Google Cloud Print Printers (in English).

A list of your Google Cloud Print printers displays.

• If your printer displays, try to print.

• If your HP ePrint printer does not display, note your printer's email address, go to Connect Your HP Printer with Google Cloud Print (in English), and then follow the on-screen instructions. Once you complete the registration, try to print.

• If your non-HP ePrint printer does not display, download the Google Cloud Print Service, and then follow the on-screen instructions. Once you complete the registration, try to print.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Select your Google Cloud Print registered printer

To print from Google Cloud Print, make sure to select the printer you registered with Google Cloud Print.

1. On the Chromebook, open the document or image you want to print.

2. Click the Print icon .

The Google Cloud Print window opens.

3. Under Destination, click the Change button.

The Select a destination window opens.

4. Under Google Cloud Print, select your printer.

Try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Update the printer firmware

If your printer is already connected to a network and you registered your printer with Google Cloud Print, the printer firmware might be outdated. Go to Updating Firmware on the Printer for more information.

• If the firmware is outdated, follow the instructions to update the firmware, and then try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

• If the firmware is up-to-date, continue to the next step.

Step 4: Check the connection between your printer and your network

Try these recommendations and procedures to help troubleshoot and avoid wireless connectivity issues.

• Restart the printer and the computer: Restarting the computer and the printer can clear possible error conditions.

• Confirm the printer connection and network name: On the printer, make sure that the blue light next to the Wireless icon () is on and steady, then touch the Wireless network menu to make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.

• Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and the computer closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.

• Manually connect the printer to the network: Many HP printers have a wireless setup wizard tool available on the printer control panel network or wireless settings menus. Follow the on-screen instructions to type your network name and password to connect the printer to the network.

• Restart the router: If you are experiencing a slow or intermittent wireless connection, try restarting your router. Consult your router manufacturer, Internet service provider, or network administrator for instructions on how to restart the router.

• Check the router band setting: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.

• Check your firewall software: Your firewall software might prevent the printer from accessing the computer. Accept or allow any firewall messages that display during the printer software download and installation, or configure the software to allow HP downloads and installations.

• Check for obstructions between the printer and the router: Remove any metal objects between the printer, the computer, and the access point (router). Objects such as refrigerators or metal bookcases can interfere with wireless signals.

• Check for other devices that emit radio and wireless signals: Move any devices that emit radio signals, such as microwaves and cordless telephones, farther away from the printer. They can interfere with wireless signals.

• Set the IP address on the printer: Your printer can bypass automatic IP address assignment by DHCP and use any valid IP address you choose. Use the front panel menu to type an IP address that is valid for use on your local area network.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to keep me posted. I'll be glad to assist you further.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you, this sorted out my problem with printing from chromebook. I've had a lot of issues!

HP Recommended

Mine will not connect with an hp2622  i tried both cable and blue tooth

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.