Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chromebook 14-ca005cl
Chrome OS

I can't connect the Chromebook to my HP Deskjet 3050 printer. I installed the print to Chrome app. Didn't work. I connected them with a USB cable. Didn't work. The printer shows up in settings under "saved printers." When in the print preview window, I select my printer, the setting automatically goes back to "save as pdf." I can't figure out what's wrong.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you haven't yet, sign in to your Chromebook.

Open Chrome.

Go to the Google Cloud Print list of printers.

Delete any duplicate printers from the list.

Delete your printer from the list.

Set up your printer with Google Cloud Print again

HP Recommended

I did that, and it still doesn't work.  On my other laptop, it says it successfully added the printer. But when I look at Google Print in my Chromebook, it lists the printer, but says it's "currently offline"--which it isn't.

What I really don't get is why I can't print when I connect the Chromebook to the printer with a USB cable.  When I do, there is a popup window which says the printer is connected and ready to print.  I was able to add it to the Chromebook's saved printers.  But when I try to print, this happens:  In the preview window, I'm given the option for "save as pdf" or my printer.  I choose my printer.  Then, the preview window sets itself back to "save as pdf."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.