Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office jet 200

Hints for operating this printer in cold weather

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Bll1945,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are looking for the instructions on how to operate this printer in cold weather. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

After reviewing your post, I did go through the Printer Specifications and found that you can operate the printer in areas with temperatures and humidity levels that fall within the following parameters.

• : 5° to 40° C (41° to 104° F)

• : 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F)

• : 15 to 95% RH (limited to a 31°C dew point temperature)

NOTE:

In the presence of high electromagnetic fields, the output from the printer might be slightly distorted.

For more assistance, please go through this link: Printer Specifications for HP OfficeJet 200 Mobile Printers

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What is it that doesn't work at temps below 40 F?  Is it the unit itself, the battery or does the ink freeze?

I want to use this printer in my vehicle in the winter here in Maine where it gets considerably colder than either of the temp ranges that you noted so I was looking for suggestions from other users who might be in this same situation.  

HP Recommended

Hi @Bll1945,

Thank you for replying,

As mentioned in the previous post, you can go through the printer specifications which should help you with this concern. If you are still having the issue. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

Storage environment

make sure you store the printer is stored in areas with temperatures and humidity levels that fall within the following parameters.

· Storage temperature: -40° to 60° C (-40° to 140° F)

Storage relative humidity: Up to 90% noncondensing at a temperature of 60° C (140° F)

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, But, the answer needs more explination.   One senerio , In earlier Competitive models there is something called a "Comptometer" or a "Q",  an  electrical device on the circuit board. This device worked like a heating device sensing temperature. If the temperature in the room fell below the specified temperature, the "Q" would open up and the machine would not operate until the room temperature was warmer. This is why the room temperature has to be with in specification.   Other reasons would be if a lot colder(Freezing), shafts and bushings would freeze and components may not rotate, Cleaning blades might freeze to the drums, Having a machine in these below standards can have issues. This might explain some reasons for below specified temperatures. There are more problems issues especially with high humidity, and is a good reason for a machine to have a paper heater turned on if equipped with this device. One good recommendation is to leave the heater on in the room and the machine on also. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

My HP printer would not print due to the ink gumming up the works because I keep my house around 68 degrees at night. I purchased an identical printer for my mother who prefers to keep her home around 76 degrees 24/7.

Her printer prints perfectly while my printer goes through new ink cartridges monthly. Even if I don't print anything. The ink is wasted trying to clean the printheads when they get clogged up. I got tired of spending a small fortune on ink to continuously clean the print heads. I solved the problem by buying a Brother printer. I have had no problems since.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.