Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3760

I am now living in student halls. I had managed to connect my printer to WIFI at home but cannot seem to connect my printer to the halls WIFI. I have entered the MAC address on the WIFI website so it should be connected however I cannot figure out how to change the WIFI on the printer. Anyone know how? Help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@sashab9930, Welcome to HP Support Community!

HP Printers will not connect to public networks due to security reasons. I would recommend you use the WiFi Direct feature on the printer to print wireless. Refer to the document HP Printers - Printing with Wi-Fi Direct for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You don’t say what you are trying to print from, so the following may not apply to you.

If you are trying to print from a Windows 10 computer within WiFi range of your printer, and your printer is WiFi Direct enabled, then WiFi Direct may work.

When I tried to initiate WiFi Direct for my HP ENVY 4527, I had to delete the printer from the list of printers that appears in Windows 10>Settings>Devices>Printers and scanners before the “Add printer or scanner” button would add it as a WiFi Direct printer.

Microsoft’s instructions for connecting a printer by WiFi Direct from Windows 10 point this out, HP’s do not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.