Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently had my printer exchanged.  The first one had issues, so they sent me a second one exchanged. 

I am trying to change the customizable email address to the address I had with my original printer.  I keep getting a message that the customizable email address that I am trying to use is already taken.  (by the original printer).  

I have a customer service support plan, but they are unavailable - probably due to Covid-19.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@GIS99R0 Use your HP account to change your HP ePrint email address.

1. Sign in to HP Smart.

If you have not set up an HP account, go to Set Up an HP Smart Website Account.

2. Select your printer, if necessary.

3. Scroll down to the ePrint settings, and then click ePrint Address, if necessary.

4. Type the address you want use, and then click Submit.

Clicking Submit to change an HP ePrint email address

5. If the address is not available, type a different address, and then click Submit.

6. Inform any other users of the new HP ePrint email address.

For more information, go to Manage HP ePrint Access for Additional Users.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE FAQs

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

Apparently, I did not explain the issue properly and in enough detail. 

The email address is still assigned to the original printer.  

The original printer has been returned, but it appears that the email address is still assigned to it.  

I am unable to delete the printer from my account.

If the original printer gets deleted and the email address released, I believe that I would be able to assign that custom email address to my new printer.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@GIS99R0 Here's all you need to know:

The custom HP ePrint email address might still be assigned to the printer on another HP account.

· If you have access to the other account, remove the printer from that account, and then add it to your account. Do not turn off Web Services during the transfer or the custom address cannot be used again for six months.

· If you do not have access to the other account, create a new custom email address.

You can reuse the previous email address in six months.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The old printer and the old email address were still on my account.

I followed your directions and deleted the old printer from my account.

I did not turn off Web Services.  

When I attempt to personalize my printer's email address, I continue to receive the error message

"This email already exists!  Try another one."

I will allow HP software to do any end-of-day processing that may occur.  I will try it again tomorrow.

Any further guidance would be appreciated.  

Thank you

HP Recommended

@GIS99R0 Alright, please do that and get back to us with the results,

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The email address still appears to be assigned to the original printer, although the printer is now disassociated with my account.  This seems as though it should be a simple fix, but it is turning into a long-drawn-out problem.  

HP Recommended

@GIS99R0 I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I put an order for ink cartridges on 07/29 & the order was shipped on 08/02 but I am not able to tracked with tracking number that I received , please can someone help and see where is my order .

HP Recommended

I followed your advice.  I submitted a case.  So far HP has not responded.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.