Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desket 2630

Printer worked fine but have new router and new wifi. Printer won't connect. Have tried all options suggested by HP help and diagnostic tools but the printer is invisible. Can't fit a USB cable or other wire to router as there is no apparent socket in the printer. Can't use WPS as the router only has a reset button (and using that didn't help). Can't use my iphone as it says 'no printer found'. How do I connect the printer to my new wifi signal?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This video shows how to setup WiFi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGudEOpySAw 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice and for taking the trouble to respond. Sorry to take so long to reply but I have had to do other things in the meantime.

Sadly it didn't work as the printer was 'not found' - round in a circle yet again. However, my son had a wire (with the right plug on one end - why is called a USB wire when it isn't USB on the other end - even I knew that) and we managed (eventually) to sort it through a long-winded procedure that required all sorts of turning on and off of programmes etc. that I didn't understand. Must have spent over five hours on this - thanks HP for making it so easy! Now have to fix terrible print quality with missed lines.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.