Did you mean: 
ChrisF471
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

DJ2630 won't connect to new router wifi

HP Recommended
HP Desket 2630

Printer worked fine but have new router and new wifi. Printer won't connect. Have tried all options suggested by HP help and diagnostic tools but the printer is invisible. Can't fit a USB cable or other wire to router as there is no apparent socket in the printer. Can't use WPS as the router only has a reset button (and using that didn't help). Can't use my iphone as it says 'no printer found'. How do I connect the printer to my new wifi signal?

2 REPLIES 2
B_Will
Level 6
591 581 37 54
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This video shows how to setup WiFi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGudEOpySAw 

0 Kudos
ChrisF471
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice and for taking the trouble to respond. Sorry to take so long to reply but I have had to do other things in the meantime.

Sadly it didn't work as the printer was 'not found' - round in a circle yet again. However, my son had a wire (with the right plug on one end - why is called a USB wire when it isn't USB on the other end - even I knew that) and we managed (eventually) to sort it through a long-winded procedure that required all sorts of turning on and off of programmes etc. that I didn't understand. Must have spent over five hours on this - thanks HP for making it so easy! Now have to fix terrible print quality with missed lines.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation