Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3512
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just "forgot" all previous versions of my printer and reinstalled the driver software to start new.

I went through the printer setup that came with my driver software. I am now trying to complete printer setup through the HP Smart app. My welcome page did not contain a claim code. My printer's email address is included and it directs me to "hpconnected.com to manage your prints, view your history, and more."

I just need an alternate way to complete the HP Smart printer setup process or be given a claim code. How can I accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found a possible solution for anyone who may be struggling the same as me...follow the following link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05279891

Here's what I read:

"If the printed page titled "Congratulations" only lists an email address, then your printer is already claimed to an HP Smart account (formerly HP Connected). To disable the previous claim, press the HP ePrint icon on your control panel display and select Remove Web Services. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Web Services, press the HP ePrint icon again, follow the prompts to re-enable Web Services on the printer, and then accept the terms. A new page should print with a claim code. If the page does not print, see the email address on the printer display. The first part of the HP ePrint address preceding "@hpeprint.com" is the claim code. For example, if your HP ePrint email is "abc@hpeprint.com", then "abc" is your claim code. If you are unable to find the HP ePrint icon on your control panel display, see "Cannot find HP ePrint icon on printer control panel display"."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found a possible solution for anyone who may be struggling the same as me...follow the following link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05279891

Here's what I read:

"If the printed page titled "Congratulations" only lists an email address, then your printer is already claimed to an HP Smart account (formerly HP Connected). To disable the previous claim, press the HP ePrint icon on your control panel display and select Remove Web Services. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Web Services, press the HP ePrint icon again, follow the prompts to re-enable Web Services on the printer, and then accept the terms. A new page should print with a claim code. If the page does not print, see the email address on the printer display. The first part of the HP ePrint address preceding "@hpeprint.com" is the claim code. For example, if your HP ePrint email is "abc@hpeprint.com", then "abc" is your claim code. If you are unable to find the HP ePrint icon on your control panel display, see "Cannot find HP ePrint icon on printer control panel display"."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.