Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I need to disable the color management settings on the printer, so I can allow photoshop to manage the colors. 

I can't work out how to do that on this printer though, as there doesn't seem to be a  "color management" option.

Am I missing something here?

Please help!

Thank you in advance 🙂

Nicola

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @NickersDunn

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Go to system preferences, 'Printers.' Click the name of your printer, then click 'Options & Supplies.'
Enter the 'Color Management' menu. Click the 'Advanced' button ('Advanced Color Settings' if you use a Mac), then move your mouse to the top-right corner of the printer dialog box.
Disable 'Color Management.' Click your mouse inside the circle next to 'ICM,' then next to the text 'No Color Adjustment' in the 'ICC Profile' pane. Click 'OK.'

To know more about color management, refer to this document from adobe.

To know how to print with color management, refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi there, thanks for this but when I open "Options and Supplies" there is no color management option on my printer. Just "General" and "Supply Levels".

So I'm just wondering if the option to disable color just doesn't exist on the HP Deskjet 3755?

Thank you anyway! 

HP Recommended

On photoshop, Select Custom as the Mode setting, and then click the Advanced button. Select Off (No Color Adjustment) as the Printer Color Management setting. Make other settings, if necessary. Then click OK.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Sorry but I just don't see where this is an option?! Most frustrating. I wish I could send you a screen shot of what I am seeing. Is that possible?

HP Recommended

Yes, you can share a screenshot.

Click on the camera icon to attach an image before posting.

You do not see the option on photoshop as well?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.