Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 5032
iOS

Hi I newly purchased this printer for home schooling for my son so I don’t need to write everything out he is sent from his teacher. (Lazy I know) but as I am printing from my mobile phone I don’t know how to get it double sided? I was wondering if anyone can help. It’s just eating away at paper as I can’t get it double sided.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@amya12, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you'd want to print double-sided from your iOS device to the printer, follow the steps below-

If you're using HP Smart-

1. On the HP Smart app home screen, tap a Print or Scan tile.

2. Select or scan the document or photo you want to print.

3. Tap Edit.

4. Tap icons at the bottom of the screen to change print settings such as the number of copies, color options, or page size.

5. When you are ready to print, tap Done to save the changes and return to the Preview screen, and then tap Print.

If you're using AirPrint-

1. From an app that supports printing, such as Safari, select the share icon top-right on your screen
  2. On the bottom row, select Print
  3. Touch Options - you should see a switch toggle that selects double-side printing - switch it on.

You may need to print a page to the selected printer to make the change to your settings “stick”

Refer to the documents HP Printers - Printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch and HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS) for additional help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply on the HP smart app it doesn’t let me choose double sided and an option only lets me change colour and things like that. Which is a nightmare as this is the way I am printing most of my child’s school work. is there a reason it doesn’t let me? 
mans the air print I can’t seem to get to work either.

thanks

HP Recommended

@amya12

Thanks for replying!

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Check for iOS updates if any.

Also, you can try removing and adding the HP Smart App from the App store.

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.