Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a way to find or reset the EWS website administrator username and password? Its a printer gotten from my late grandmother and no way to find it out. Can it be reset, removed or redone? the usual admin/blank or admin/wps pin aren't working.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dootle, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have sent you a private message with the reset instructions. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

turns out I have the same problem w/my 4630 all-in-one.... but I think I only have myself to blame.  I set up this printer in 2014 and it's been working great-ish ever since.  So, I likely re-set the password back then, and I remembered it for a while, but after so many years, I have no clue.  When I originally set up my printer, I didn't understand why I should want to turn off the broadcasting of the name of my printer.  Now I get it and want to fix it.  But I have to be able to log in.  Can you help me too?  I tried the admin/blank, then admin/PIN from the back of my device.  They didn't work.  Can you help? please. 🙂

HP Recommended

@pebblesthecat

I have sent you the steps to reset the printer via a private message. Kindly perform the same and let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.