Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-16-2022 02:48 AM - edited 01-16-2022 01:51 PM
Recently got a MFP M128FW and was excited about the HP eprint functionality,
- Printed is connect via ethernet cable to the router.
- Installed the HP printer and scanner driver in the PC/laptop from the HP website.
- Updated printer date and time to current.
- Seached HP forums and found 2 posts complaining on the ‘stuck/forever spinning’ Connecting message
- Then Method 1 - On the LCD touchscreen menu, Cliked on ‘Web Services’ > Enable Web Services > OK and then nothing - the displayed message is stuck at ‘Connecting...’, and the HP logo circles keeps spinning. Nothing happens until I cancel.
- Then Mehod 2 - Types the printer's IP address broswer URL and navigated to printer 's web page > then ‘HP Web Services’ tab > Web Services Setup > clicked ‘Enable’. Nothing - the screen keeps refreshing and messages states ‘Connecting...’. Nothing happens until I cancel.
- Updated the IP address to manual and assigned a static IP from router
- Updated printer network DNS to opendns.
- Disabled IPv6
- Power cycled modem, router, printer and laptop multiple times - still ‘Enable Web Services’ is stuck in ‘Connecting...’.
- The printer otherwise works fine - able to print and scan from wifi and Ethernet connected phones, laptop etc.
I'm helpless now 😥😓- thought i did the right series of steps, and the display message is still stuck on ‘Connecting...’ and unable to connect to Web Services. Please help. Thanks much.
01-21-2022 12:40 AM - edited 01-21-2022 01:14 AM
Looks like I'm going to reply to this myself 😂
2 issues identified and after searching this comunity
- Hp ePrint Web services cannot be enabled - appears stuck at connecting
- Resolution - This requires a firmware update - the Nov 3 FW release aka "..Update_20201012.exe"
- The new FW supposedly has a secure key cloud cert which is included in the nov 3 release - HP's Cloud signed public key cert has expired - without this Printer's Web Services cannot connect to HP Cloud - so printer will NEVER connect to their network without an authenticated public key - that comes via the certificate - and this is in the latest FW - ELSE HP ePrint services are junked!
- HP's Release notes
- HP LaserJet Pro M127 M128 Series Firmware Enhancements and Fix List for datecode 20201103
- Update certificate to maintain a secure connection to HP Cloud.
- This led to the 2nd issue
- Current firmware in printer 20200531 and Latest update on HP website - Nov 3 release 20201012
- Tried to update firmware HP_M127_M128_FW_Update_20201012.exe using USB cable to Windows 10 PC - The updater software shows updated - but the printer still has the older firmware!! 😫😬
- KNOWN ISSUE - Firmware bug in Windows 10, where the updater shows that the installation went successful, but it does not update -
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community