Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY Photo 7830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Print Anywhere can't be enabled HP ENVY Photo 7830.

Windows 10 64-bit, running HP Smart app

The printer is registered on my account and I can see it correctly on HP Smart App.

The firmware is updated to the latest available version.

On HP Smart App, under settings, I can go on the "Print anywhere" menu and I can click on Enable. After a while it asks me to accept:

"Connected printing services"

In order to deliver printing and cloud services, technical data is collected from printers that you choose to pair with your app or HP account if you have one."

I click Continue.

Then I receive the following two messages, in sequence:

Syncing with the printer...

Getting ready for setup...

Then it goes back to the starting point with Print Anywhere not enabled and the "Enable" button visible. If I click it, the same procedure starts.

Thanks,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip. I tried it and no success. Resetting completely the app didn't solve the issue.

After more tries I managed to solve it differently.

The printer comes out with the Web Services enabled, so at the first setup they were already enabled in the app. However, it turned out they weren't working at all. None of them, not even the ePrint.

After a factory reset of the printer the services were disabled. Manually re-enabling them guided me through a configuration procedure and at the end of it they were working.

So I was able to enable Print Anywhere. Now ePrint and Print Anywhere work. I can print remotely either with the email or with the hp Smart app.

Still the remote scan with the hp Smart app doesn't work, it can't connect to the printer, but that's another issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

something you could try, and I think it will work. but it is a pain.  

take your hpsmart app,  go to app controls in your smartphone and delete data which will also delete cache.

restart your app, and enter your printer as a new printer.  

I am pretty sure that will work, but it is drastic.  It is not that bad if you know your passwords and settings pretty well.

when you go back to your printer, you should be able to get your print anywhere back and all your printer ink stuff and etc.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip. I tried it and no success. Resetting completely the app didn't solve the issue.

After more tries I managed to solve it differently.

The printer comes out with the Web Services enabled, so at the first setup they were already enabled in the app. However, it turned out they weren't working at all. None of them, not even the ePrint.

After a factory reset of the printer the services were disabled. Manually re-enabling them guided me through a configuration procedure and at the end of it they were working.

So I was able to enable Print Anywhere. Now ePrint and Print Anywhere work. I can print remotely either with the email or with the hp Smart app.

Still the remote scan with the hp Smart app doesn't work, it can't connect to the printer, but that's another issue.

HP Recommended

Sorry I couldn't help you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.