gm12
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Eprint wont work when an email sent from my phone

HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFPM477
Other

I have a google Pixel XL phone - (android 7.1.2) 

I have the HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477

The printer is set up on a wireless network.

I can print from computers - PCs, and Macs, and phones - including android - if i select the printers, etc

HOWEVER - if i send an email from ANY email address from my ANDROID phone to my printer's email address  - it does NOT work.  These email addresses work if i email them from a desktop. But the same email addresses will not work via my android.

I have tried it with the phone on the same wireless home network on the printer; i have tried it when its not on the same network (ie my telco). 

SO i don't get it. Please help!  

G

4 REPLIES 4
CloudQueen
Level 6
Level 6
292 292 16 48
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @gm12,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

For printing email, I would suggest you try the HP Print Service Plugin for Android devices. Go to Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets for detailed steps to download and print with the app.

Let me know if that works!

Cloud Queen
I am an HP employee. I work on behalf of HP.

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you.

Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
PrintApper
Level 6
Level 6
566 530 17 172
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gm12 wrote:

I have a google Pixel XL phone - (android 7.1.2) 

I have the HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477

The printer is set up on a wireless network.

I can print from computers - PCs, and Macs, and phones - including android - if i select the printers, etc

HOWEVER - if i send an email from ANY email address from my ANDROID phone to my printer's email address  - it does NOT work.  These email addresses work if i email them from a desktop. But the same email addresses will not work via my android.

I have tried it with the phone on the same wireless home network on the printer; i have tried it when its not on the same network (ie my telco). 

SO i don't get it. Please help!  

G

I've asked our tech team if they have any suggestions for this - apologies, but I can't think of any obvious reasons why this would occur.

Which email client are you using on the Android phone?

Would you mind setting up the email accounts in another email client to see if that affects this problem?  E.g., if you're using the Gmail app, try the Google Inbox app, and another email app from the play store. That could help narrow down the problem if it's related to the email app you are using.

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Amanda_C
Level 2
Level 2
25 24 0 4
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @gm12,

Just to check, is your android phone able to send email to other email address (not printer ePrint email address)?

And is there any black list settings on your android phone?

Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you. :generic:
0 Kudos
Olympus74
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For some reason the Samsung email client doesn't allow the emails to send to eprint, if I use the Gmail account on my android it works, and when I downloaded a different email client (yahoo mail app) it worked fine.

Can I change the server settings on the Samsung email app to fix this issue somehow? Maybe something with the outgoing server settings? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation