Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2710

I have just purchased the deskjet 2710, I have had a photosmart 5520 for 7 years and over the last 6months I kept losing the WiFi signal even though it sits in the same cupboard as my broadband super fast router and every other WiFi item in my house works !! So the 2710 arrives I set up it prints no problem until I don’t use it for about 8hrs or so. I send a document to it and nothing!! So I have to switch it off and on again to make it work. So what I’ve worked out is I need to press the WiFi button before I print and this seems to wake it up and make it work?? Is this the norm??

And ironically I move my 5520 out of the cupboard and into the kitchen and the WiFi signal is back and it works !!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tracey-ann 

Edits - Add Content

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

The router might be too close - this is just as bad as too far away.

The printer might benefit from having a static IP address (though the problem with the signal is generally not resolved by doing this).

The printer might be confused.

If you are running a dual band router,

The printer supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz - but not at the same time.

Product Specifications for the HP DeskJet 2710 All-in-One Printer (5AR83B)

Make sure the router is broadcasting on both bands

Create a separate SSID network name for each bandwidth

NOTE:  The wireless password can be the same for both bands

Connect the printer to the SSID network name you want to use.

What else?

Change the connection type to TCP/IP

Method - Create TCP IP port

Find printer's IP /  IPv4 address

Print a Configuration Page

OR

Tap on the wireless icon on Printer Control / Display Panel

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers

Right-Click on the printer > Left-Click Printer Properties

Select Tab Ports  > Add Port

Select Standard TCP/IP Port > New Port and follow the wizard.
 Use / Enter IP address for the printer.

Example - How-to “Create TCP Port” Contributed by greenturtle

Video:  Create & Use TCP IP port
“Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port within the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)”

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 2710 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.