Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 2019
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

My HP OfficeJet 2019 prints with huge font and fills the page.  It does the same when I choose fit to page. I asked the question on google and was told to change the font settings in the application I used. I don't know what that means.  Help! Oh and I'm printing off of my Galaxy S8 android phone.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Trish_50 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who include phone numbers or email addresses in public posts.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

The printer is unaware of what it is printing, including the size of the content / fonts.

The advice you have seen means that you must fix the scale of the content before the job is submitted to the printer.

For example,

Tiny screen on your phone may be set to magnify the content so you can see (read) it.

Submitting that view to the printer leaves this setup in place and the printer prints what you send.

Try / Consider

Open the offending content in the appropriate software / application for the content format.

For example, open a PDF file in your PDF reader application for Android.

Set to print the content with the page of the content at 100%.

You might not be able to "see" the tiny PDF file on your little screen - the printer will print the PDF file at size.

What else?

If possible, set the view on your screen to 100% or whole page view.

Submit that view to the printer.

References / Resources

How-to / Feedback link / Download / Installation

HP Smart for Android - Google Play Store 

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.