Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kfaith
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Forgot (Never Set) Admin Password for OfficeJet Pro 8730

HP Recommended

I need help.  I also never set a password but I need to change my network name so my printer will connect to the network.  I can't change it without a password.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kfaith,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand your printer is asking for an administrator password. Is the printer connected to the network already? If so, let’s try to fix the issue by following the steps mentioned below:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Now go to the Security Tab - Administrative Settings.
  • Uncheck the "Control Panel Lock".

If the issue persists, then we will have to completely reset the printer. I am sending you a private message to perform the reset on your printer. Please click on the mailbox icon at the top-right corner to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
JeroenDro82
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To login on the EWS you need a username and password. I use the username and password of my HP connected account and every other possible accounts I ever mad by HP but nothing works...

0 Kudos
JeroenDro82
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Got it....username has to be admin

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation