EWoe
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Google Drive app only displays PDFs

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro X476dn MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I created two Sheets docs but neither shows up on the printer.  I thought I was able to print one of the Sheets docs yesterday, but I could be mistaken. I also uploaded two Excel files but they are not viewable as well. All files are available in My Drive.

2 REPLIES 2
sowmyaCM
Level 3
Level 3
51 49 1 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Try to download the document to the local driver and try to print.

I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

0 Kudos
RonTSD
Level 2
Level 2
16 16 2 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't have your exact printer available, but I have another HP printer with the Google Drive app enabled and I connected it to my Google Drive account.  I can see PDF, Word, and TXT file formats that are available to print from the app.  But I also do not see my Excel files in the app.

I went searching for HP Support documents on this and found this link that describes setting up and using the app - 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Photo/message-id/113423

This page contains an FAQ with this note - 

You should be aware of the following limitations when you use the Google Drive app:
  • You can only print one document at a time.
  • You cannot print Excel files from your Google Drive account to your printer.
  • You cannot scan to subfolders in your Google Drive account from your printer.

I'm sorry, but it appears that the Google Drive app does not support Excel for printing.  I can imagine that could be because many spreadsheet files are not formatted for printing and if you sent them directly to the printer you might get a lot of pages printed, but not in the way you intended.  I hope this helps!

I am an HP employee. My opinions are not the opinions of HP.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation