Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640 AIO

Recently, and several times now I have received the above message on my printer screen. I am not using the printer at the time...not for mobile printing, scanning or printing,,,nothing. I have not recently added new software to either the printer or iPhone.

Since this printer IS connected to the network and internet, this is concerning to me. There are no error messages or addresses in the message. If anyone can figure out what to put in my router to block, I'll do it.

Thanks, Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would guess that you have wrongly connected your mobile device to the WiFi Direct network of your printer, once being nearby the printer the prompt appears as the mobile device remembers the network and connects to it.

Either change your mobile device settings to forget the Direct network of your printer (e.g. DIRECT-72-HP Envy 7640) or Tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon on your printer, click the gear icon and disable the WiFi direct feature.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would guess that you have wrongly connected your mobile device to the WiFi Direct network of your printer, once being nearby the printer the prompt appears as the mobile device remembers the network and connects to it.

Either change your mobile device settings to forget the Direct network of your printer (e.g. DIRECT-72-HP Envy 7640) or Tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon on your printer, click the gear icon and disable the WiFi direct feature.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

How do I get a list of devices that are or that have connected to my printer? Can I do it by going to the printer's web home page?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.