cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thaddeusarcher
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP AiO remote doesn't recognize 3rd party toner as compatible in LaserJet M1217nfw MFP

HP Recommended
LaserJet M1217nfw MFP
Windows 8.1

Hi,

I have a HP Envy 17 running Windows 8.1, a MacBook Air, an iPhone and a HP LaserJet M1217nfw MFP.  I recently replaced the toner with a 3rd party replacement cartridge and while the printer does give me a "supply memory error" I am still able to print just fine from the Mac and my phone.  I am unable however to print from my Envy.  The HP All-in-One Remote app in Windows 8 gives me an "incompatible cartridge" message and says there are no solutions availble.  Is there a work-around to this?

I am not very good at Windows 8....

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,618 31,329 5,399 12,622
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

A supply memory error indicate a toner cartridge problem.

Ensure you removed all protective tapes, otherwise you will need to replace the defective cartridge.

You may follow tehse steps to troubleshoot a such, as long as the printer remain in any error state you will need to resolve a such to gain full usage of the pritner:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02484074/

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
thaddeusarcher
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Shlomi,

The printer isn't in an error state. It just has a message. I am able to print from my phone and from my Mac, but the PC doesn't. It is not critical that I am able to print from my computer but it is a hastle to email a document to myself and then look it up on my phone and then print from my phone.

Is there a way to tell AiO in windows 8 to run the print job even if it sees a non-HP installed cartridge in the printer?
Thanks
Thaddeus
0 Kudos
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,618 31,329 5,399 12,622
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Thaddeus,

Although the printer may resoponse to some commands, a supply memory error is an error state about the used cartridge.

Due the error message on the screen the HP AIO Remote recognize the cartridge as incompatible, that cannot be bypassed

with any settings, resolving the issue which cause the error message is the only key to resolve a such.

If the HP AiO Remote fails to print in such condition the only solution is to fully resolve the condition by following the steps listed in my previous post.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
thaddeusarcher
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Dear Shlomi,

Is there a way to uninstall the AiO? My phone and Mac don't have it and they communicate with the printer just fine.

Thanks
Thaddeus
0 Kudos
legibleink
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, and it's not the cartridge.  I had to get a new laptop and the laptop wouldn't recognize the printer unless I downloaded the app.  The app doesn't recognize the off brand cartridge so I can't print from my new laptop unless I purchase an HP cartridge.  My other devices/laptops recognize the printer just fine.  This is HP trying to force me to buy their ink. They've put out patch for some of the Office Jet products, but as of yet I don't see anything for the LaserJet.

Not happy HP.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation