Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinHTRE
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Connected - can't log in

HP Recommended

Whenever I try to log in, OR whenever I try to do 'forgot password', I get this screen. Been happening for a month now.

Screenshot_2.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisEstrada
Level 4
Level 4
73 73 5 12
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would recommend to restore factory settings on your preferred web browser, delete the temp files and try again.

This is not an issue with the HP platform but your computer or smart phone

0 Kudos
KevinHTRE
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm afraid that doesn't seem to be the case. I've tried logging in from multiple computers, locations (I have several offices), I've tried IE, chrome, and chrome incognito. No luck. Same system error message.

0 Kudos
ChrisEstrada
Level 4
Level 4
73 73 5 12
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You can get assistance here

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Cloud-Services-Connected-series/5319203/model/5319204/

If the issue cannot be solved, you can try creating a new account.

Just make sure printing web access code from the printer to re-add it once you have the new account created.

Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,761 30,464 2,784 10,206
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KevinHTRE

Apologies for jumping in announced!

IF your printer is listed in the following HP Advisory, then it no longer supports Web Services:

WEB SERVICES NOTICE > 01-September-2016 > HP Printers - Web Services Stop Working

If the printer is not listed, the printer may require a firmware update to continue supporting Web Services (of which the HP Connected account is part).

Please log into your printer's Website Driver Support page to see whether there is a recent firmware update for your printer.

If the printer is not listed AND if there is not a firmware update available, then the issue does indeed lie elsewhere as described by @ChrisEstrada.

If you are in the USA / Canada, consider contacting Cloud Services for help.

Help from HP Technical Support:

HP Connected, ePrint, Instant Ink, and Print Applications

In USA or Canada, call Cloud Services: 1-855-785-2777

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
KevinHTRE
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for responses, but I definitely feel like I'm not getting my point across. This has nothing to do with my printer (which, btw, is a new officejet pro) -- it's with HP Connect or whatever. I can't login, from the web. Just go online, to the website, user/pass -- put them in, and I get red SYSTEM ERROR screenshot I put above.

0 Kudos
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,761 30,464 2,784 10,206
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KevinHTRE

@KevinHTRE wrote:

Thanks for responses, but I definitely feel like I'm not getting my point across. This has nothing to do with my printer (which, btw, is a new officejet pro) -- it's with HP Connect or whatever. I can't login, from the web. Just go online, to the website, user/pass -- put them in, and I get red SYSTEM ERROR screenshot I put above.

I am sorry you feel that you are not being heard.

Without having known the model of printer you own, I thought it prudent to provide the information regarding Web Services.  

It is not apparent that there is "one fix" -- different members have reported different solutions.  Unfortunately the code that provides the login is not sufficiently sophisticated to explain the failure.

Suggested fixes from those before you who have experienced the same error include:

• Create / Use a different Email address for your login

A new / different email address may be necessary if the email address is / was used elsewhere for another HP product and the account was not activated fully / properly.

You may need a different email address from a different email provider - for example, if your aol email address does not work, try your email address from gmail. 

If your email provider provides the ability to create alias email addresses (Yahoo supports this) - create an email address using that setup.

Related

• Use an Email address that does not contain "." character

For example, do not use:  MyFirstName.MyLastName@gmail.com

• Update your Browser to the latest version

OR

• Use a different Browser.  For example, if you typically use Edge, try Firefox

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

If you would rather do so, please contact Cloud Services.

If you are outside of the USA / Canada, your new printer is still supposed to work as expected -- Contact HP Technical Support in your region; explain the problem and ask for help.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts -  USA / Canada

Fill in form to receive Case Number and Contact Information

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Contact Information - Including UK

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English-Speaking Countries

HP World-Wide Support

Warranty Check

HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Check

Optional Coverage Plans:

Enter your product number in the form to view various Warranty plans available for that system:

Care Pack Central

CarePack Definitions (File may be slow to load in Firefox - Edge is faster...):

Care Pack Services Definitions

HP Consumer Services (Service Purchase Information)

1-866-724-8600

Help from HP Technical Support:

HP Connected, ePrint, Instant Ink, and Print Applications

In USA or Canada, call Cloud Services: 1-855-785-2777

01-September-2016 > READ the Web Services Notice for important information!

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation