Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2630/Lenovo ThinkPad X250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my HP DeskJet 2630 is working fine over USB, and HP smart sets it up just fine on my phone and laptop and all the diagnostics pages i've printed out show that it connected to my wifi, same network as my laptop.. But the wifi printer, if I can even manage to find it because usually windows can't find any printers on my network, always shows offline and I can't print on it! If i try it will not do anything. I've tried everything i can think of, and the manual IP fix i tried didn't work because the EWS of the printer will not load on Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge Chromium. Please help!!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Hello,

Please 
restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Disconnect the USB cable from the computer and the back of the printer.
  2. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  3. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  4. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  5. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  6. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
     NOTE: 
    Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  8. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  9. Then, please follow the steps of the HP link 'User Intervention Required' Error When Printing (Windows) .
  10. Try to print.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for getting back to me! I tried all of it along with every step in the link you sent apart from giving the printer an IP manually since the printer embedded web server URL does not work. Same issue. Any ideas?

HP Recommended

@xilog 

Thanks for your return,

I recommend that you do not connect the printer with the USB cable to the computer during the following steps. Do not connect the USB cable when the printer is connected to the wireless network, as this may cause conflicts in the network connection.

Also, make sure your computer is connected to a 2.4 GHz wireless network, as your printer only supports this type of network.

Then try to install it over Wi-Fi by doing the following:

Press a series of buttons on the printer to reset the wireless settings to ensure a successful connection.

1. Go to Devices and Printer to delete your printer icon (if there are several with the name HP DeskJet 2600 series, please delete them as well).
  2. Unplug the USB cable the computer.
  3. Restart the computer.
  4. Make sure the printer is on.
  5. If the wireless indicator light is flashing, go to the next step to continue the software installation.
  6. Press and hold down the Power button ().
  7. While holding down the power button, press the Start Black Copy button () two times, and then press the Cancel button () three times.
  8. Release the power button. The Wireless light next to the Wireless button should be flashing. Repeat these steps if the Wireless indicator does not blink.
  9. Proceed immediately to the next step to continue the software installation. You have approximately 20 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP Auto Wireless Connect feature.
  10. Launch the printer software installed on the desktop and click Connect a new printer.
  11. Follow these steps to set up your wireless connection when the HP Automatic Wireless Connection screen appears:
    • Select Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer, and then click Next.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation and wireless network setup for the printer.

After that, I recommend that you restart all your other devices before trying to print.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Well, that is somewhat dumb for a printer seemingly so new. Anyways, I think my laptop doesn't support 5g but I separated the names of my 2.4g and 5g wifi signals and tried again on the new 2.4g network with the steps you described (all worked) but no luck. I've got a feeling it's broken but I don't know since it connects just fine

HP Recommended

@xilog 

Can you access of the printer's Embedded Web Server from the computer?

Alternatively, you can use HP Smart to assign a fixed IP address to the printer.

1. Open the HP Smart application.
  2. Click on the name of your printer.
  3. Click Advanced Settings.
  4. Click the Network tab, then under Wireless (802.11), click Network Address (IPv4).
  5. Check the Manual IP Address option, then press the button to Suggest a Manual IP Address.
  6. Once the first 3 fields are filled in, check the Manual DNS Server.
  7. Enter the address 8.8.8.8 as the Manual Preferred DNS Server.
  8. Enter the address 8.8.4.4 as the Manual Alternate DNS Server.
  9. Click Apply.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

HP Recommended

Woah i had no idea i could access it over USB! I tried setting a manual IP (the choose an IP automatically button was missing so i created my own) and added it to ports in control panel aaand.. it didn't work. It gave me this screen and clicking next led to the printer having a status of "Driver is unavailable."

xilog_0-1582736051564.png

HP Recommended

@xilog 

Hello and thanks for your return,

Try the following solution:

1. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  2. Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Right-click HP DesKJet 2600 series, then Remove device and Yes.
  4. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  5. Type printui /s /t2, then press Enter. The Print Server Properties window opens in the Drivers tab.
  6. Select HP DesKJet 2600 series, then click Remove..., and then select Remove driver and driver package.
  7. Click OK, then Yes, and then Delete.
  8. Restart the computer.
  9. Launch the printer software installed on the desktop and click Connect a new printer.
  10. Select Manual Setup, then Next, and select Wireless, and then Next.
  11. Select name printer, and then Next.
  12. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer installation.
  13. Try to print.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

HP Recommended

Didn't fix anything. Rip. Guess i need to return it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.