Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

If this issue cannot be resolved, this is the last time I will consider HP for any of my office needs. I have a HP 2622 Deskjet printer and I had Instant Ink subscription on it for 2+ years (did very little printing and never got an extra cartridge). I decided to remove this when the free Instant Ink option was gone and when I did that, my current cartridges stopped working because HP has DRM on the cartridges! I tried replacing that with other cartridges - that wouldn't work - printer was somehow locked in to the original HP Instant ink mode. I disabled Webservices and everything else that was needed.

With frustration, I decided to pick the 99c  (cheapest) option for HP Instant Ink and with that intent, I was trying to re-activate my printer for HP Instant Ink.. a claim code is needed for this and the tools or the printer are reluctant to print this. I have the printer email address, but just can't find a way to print or retrieve the claim code - this is needed for HP instant ink, so I am kind of now stuck and see many other faced the same issue with no solution. It is extremely frustrating! Can anybody help me from HP?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@veekay5 

I am sorry your printer is stubborn and won't print.

This can be fixed.

It may not be today.

Weekends are not the best time (fewer volunteers including our volunteer agents).

If you can do so, hang in there.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

================================================================================

What else?

Also not sure about weekend staffing at the Instant Ink website.

Worth a try, though, since you are waiting...

At the least, If you wish to do do, you can check if there is something you missed along the way.

Things that are Instant Ink 

HP Instant Ink - Main Website - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Need Help?

Phone contact, where available, will be posted on the main website (front page).  For example, look for the contact number in the blue ribbon just beneath the introduction section / image.

Of Interest…

• Section Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink
  • FAQ section > READ How does HP Instant Ink work? – Be sure to read all the FAQ sections.
  • The all-important Contract > Link is located below the FAQ section > Terms of Service Contract

NOTES: 

• It is NOT necessary that you be enrolled to read the contract
  • Contract:  Open the main website > Change region / flag > scroll down just past the FAQ
  • The Terms of Service contract also provides contact information, usually in the very first section.

Examples

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - USA

Instant Ink – Terms of Service - UK

TERMINI DI SERVIZIO DI HP INSTANT INK - Italy 

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - Ireland

CONDITIONS GENERALES D’UTILISATION DU SERVICE HP INSTANT INK - France

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 2622 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @veekay5

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Haven't seen anything yet beyond this reachout. I did send the printer information that was requested in the private message and am yet to see any kind of response. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@veekay5 

The lines are very long - our volunteer staff is very small in numbers.

That does not help you, I know.

Try sending your information again.

If the agent has time to respond, you will hear back.

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I sent you a private message as you requested and waited this long only to see you ask me for a "public message" now - I am just not sure if the right hand is talking to the left hand here. For more context, so that we can get the private messages moving, here is our "private message" exchange...

Hi @veekay5,

I understand you need assistance and I’d love to help.

However, we encourage our customers to create a public post so that the conversation may help other community members find a similar solution. Hence, I would request you to create a public post with the same query, so that you may get your answers from the various members we have in our community forums at HP.

If you have already created a public post, please send me the link. 

To learn how to use the HP Support Community, refer to this post.

It’s been a pleasure interacting with you.

Have a good day ahead.

and, Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

veekay5
‎11-30-2020

It is kind of surprising you say that because you were the one who started this internal private thread out of the public forum post. I am not sure if the intent is to fix the problem or blame the reporter for not doing the right thing (which I don't even what it is). I have been providing every bit of information you have asked for so far in a timely manner. I will tag you and the content here on my public post for you to have context Jay_G24.

regards,

Vijay

HP Recommended

And the support personnel sends this - utterly ridiculous given what I explained was my issue in the first place. 

<--- From HP

HP Instant Ink cartridges will not work after the billing period ends, and you are required to return them to HP. To continue printing after your billing cycle ends, replace them with regular ink cartridges,   You refer to - Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Service   Keep me posted!

---->

HP Recommended

The cartridges marked instant ink will not work on your printer, you will have to purchase regular HP cartridges.

Have tried using regular cartridges with no stamp of instant ink on them?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.