Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2620
Android 9.0 Pie

I bought the printer just over a year ago, and when I first bought it, it all connected to the internet no problems first time. 

However, I have recently moved house and got a new internet provider, ever since then I can't connect my printer to the wifi. I have followed all of the trouble shooting online, including just pulling the plug out of the back of the printer and trying again. Nothing is working. I have tried putting the printer in to setup mode but it still won't be discovered, I'm not even sure it is going in to set up mode even when I follow the instructions exactly. 

The power light constantly flashes, the wifi light constantly flashes and the screen is just displaying every symbol possible. No matter what I seem to do, nothing works. I can't find anything about factory resetting but I think that might be what needs doing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, did anyone else have this problem? And did you fix it? Or did you just smash it up and chuck it out the window like I am seriously considering currently.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@henrygibson, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you're unable to connect the printer to the network, follow the steps below-

Use the HP Smart app to connect the printer to your wireless network.

1. Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.

2. Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.

3. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

4. Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.

NOTE: 

You must complete the network setup within 2 hours.

• For most HP printers: Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the Wireless and Power lights blink.

5. Open the HP Smart app, and then tap the Plus sign.

6. Tap Add Printer.

A list of available printers displays.

7. Tap your printer. The printer name contains 'Setup' and the model number, such as the HP-Setup>A8-Deskjet 3700 series.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to type the WEP or WPA key (network password).

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.

9. After the printer connects to your wireless network, you can skip the remaining screens to complete the setup.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Refer to the document HP Printers - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the list. Sadly I have tried all of this.

The printer does not come up on the list when looking for a new printer, and I have tried selecting from the list that is an option if your printer does not appear but it still doesn't work.

HP Recommended

@henrygibson

Thanks for replying!

Is your router dual-band enabled?

Also, try the steps below-

1) Connect the printer using the Wireless Direct. Please refer to page #65 for steps - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05439290

2) Open the browser and in the address or the URL bar type this - 192.168.223.1 to launch the EWS or the printer's page.

3) Go to the network tab > Wireless (802.11) and click on the Wireless Setup Wizard. Once the printer is connected, the Wi-Fi LED on the printer will become solid.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.