Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP will not connect to Velop via a WPS pin generated by the HP that i entered into the:

Velop/wi-fi settings/connect a device with wps/use a pin/enter your device's wi-fi Protected Setup PIN/Connect

I press Ok on the HP and both the HP and Velop App attempt to connect.   Both time out and fail.

Trouble shooting, I:

Turned Printer off and on

Restored Printer default

The only other on HP wi-fi setup is to press the WPS button on router, but Velop doesnt have.

No option on printer to search/selct from available wi-fi and enter wi-fi password

No ethernet connection on HP to hardwire device to a node

Velop system works great with our home wifi system.

The printer worked flawlessly with my Apple Airport Extreme/Time Capsule in wireless mode ... I replaced Apple with the Velop sys.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@HoneySophie

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

Since you are unable to connect using the WPS key, we could try connecting the printer using the Software. 

Please Note a USB cable is needed to connect the printer using the Software and follow the onscreen instructions

You can download the Full Feature Software from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3050-all-in-one-printer-series-j610/4066...

Note: Connect the USB cable only when prompted during installation

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem: my Linksys Velop WiFi network will not connect to my HP 3054 through WPS. The Linksys software gives me the option of using a "button" or a number. Both time out.

I downloaded the driver software, but it appears to be ONLY driver software. There is no user interface. Unfortunately, the CD that came with the printer is gone.

Now what?

HP Recommended

Hi @bob7430

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

To know how to connect the printer wirelessly using the WPS method, refer to this document. If the issue persists, contact your Internet service provider.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note: You may connect the printer and the PC using a USB cable and then convert it to wireless. Refer to this document to know how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, the HP Smart app is not available for the 3050 printer. However, I was able to find a different way to connect.

1. Rename one of the router's bands.
2. Limit that band to b and g WiFi protocols.
3. Temporarily remove security from that band.
4. Connect the printer through the WPS handshake. This could not happen while the band was password protected.
5. Get the printer's IP address.
6. Log into the printer and assign values to SSID and password. The printer's network connection will now end.
7. Log into the router and restore security to the band. The printer will reconnect to the network.

HP Recommended

@bob7430

The driver link attached in the previous post was a full-featured HP driver and not HP Smart app. 

Glad to know that you were able to connect the printer to the network. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.